Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Simply Believing YOU Have a Purpose


Sometimes it is easy to think that don’t have a purpose. Especially as a teenager it is sometimes difficult to see why you have been put here on this earth. The beautiful thing is that God has a purpose thought out for every one of His children. And He has a purpose for you!

As I am trying to decide what college I will be attending, I continue to feel the pull to go to a public university. All of my friends and the adults in my life continue to push me towards continuing my Adventist education, but I don’t feel like that is God’s plan for my life. I have the inclination that a large part of God’s purpose for my life is to reach others for Christ through Bible studies. God is pulling on my heart strings to start a revolution. To attempt to reach the young ladies at a public university. I don’t know which college that will be or how I will be able to accomplish this task, but I don’t believe it is impossible.

I have already felt God’s purpose for my life as I have led an online Bible study along with a Bible study in my high school dormitory at my boarding school. I feel called to share God’s word with the ladies around me. And God is calling you too!

God has a beautiful plan for your life. Although you may not be able to see it right know, I pray that it will soon become clear. God would not have created you if He did not have an amazing purpose for your life. I encourage you to pray to God, that He would reveal His purpose for your life to you, so that you can get started. Once you find your purpose, I hope that you will be energized to run towards accomplishing your new goal! I promise you it will be worth it.

“But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” Exodus 9:16

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully said!!! So proud of you! Keep writing and keep your eyes on Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abby~my beautiful girl ~you will make a difference in the lives of others and reflect Jesus to them no matter what college you attend! Keep praying and listening for that "still small voice" ~ God already knows the college you will attend and He will lead you to that perfect place! Daddy & I are praying for you and your future! Just like high school this is your choice ~ we want you secure & happy! Selfishly I would love to have you back home but unselfishly I want you exactly where you decide with Jesus as your guide I love you always! ~ Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Abby~my beautiful girl ~you will make a difference in the lives of others and reflect Jesus to them no matter what college you attend! Keep praying and listening for that "still small voice" ~ God already knows the college you will attend and He will lead you to that perfect place! Daddy & I are praying for you and your future! Just like high school this is your choice ~ we want you secure & happy! Selfishly I would love to have you back home but unselfishly I want you exactly where you decide with Jesus as your guide I love you always! ~ Mommy

    ReplyDelete