I am attending a hand bell festival this weekend. I have noticed that as you hear each group's individual piece they have prepared it is easy to get discouraged. Thoughts come washing over me of, "I wish our group was that good," or, "Maybe we would be cooler if we sounded like that."
Something I have noticed though is that the fact that I can play the hand bells is a talent. I may not be the greatest bell ringer ever or be able to play an entire song by myself, but God has given me a talent. It is important to remember that our talents are given to us by God to use for God. Our talents were given to us with the purpose of aiding others as they draw closer to God. Many people get caught up in the applause and complements, but all the glory should go to God.
Use your talents for God! Show others His amazing grace through music, speaking, drama, or even a smile. We all have different talents and the beauty of it is different talents speak to different people.
I beg you to allow God to speak to others through the talents He has given you so that His kingdom will be bursting at the seams. And I'm sure your church won't mind you using your talents to fill the church either.
"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31
Thank you for always sharing your talents to bless others my girl!
ReplyDeleteThank you for always sharing your talents to bless others my girl!
ReplyDeleteYou are talented and helping others see the talent in themselves is a talent and gift as well!
ReplyDelete